Keystone Habits - These Little Differences can yield BIG results
Success Procedure: Keystone Habits- This time of year, it's easy to feel discouraged, disillusioned and a little stuck. It's the end of the second month of a new year and maybe we haven't reached or advance all of those resolutions we set out to do on January 1. It's easy to identify all the areas of life where we need to change. But if we aren't careful, we can bite of more than we can chew in our quest to fix everything at once! Instead, shift your perspective. Perhaps it is just the little teaks that make the biggest differences.
Research is showing that it is the small wins, built up little by little over time, that make the biggest differences in life transformation. It is the accumulation of doing the right thing every day that we create habits that establish routines that turn into rhythms and soon become victories. My mom used to say it like this, "Mile by mile, life is a trial. Inch by Inch, it's a cinch."
Knowing it is only the little things, why do we get impatient to do more? Comparison to others is certainly a factor. In this day and age, where you can view on social media the successes of others, but rarely on display are the daily, seemingly small habits, that go into seeing one reach their goals.
Today, choose just one small thing that will propel the other aspects of your life forward. What is the root cause that could be holding you back from having the mindset of a champion? Correct one or two areas that will make the most impact in improving your life or business. We all want to fix everything at once! Instead, just choose one thing that will propel the other aspects of your life forward.
“Some habits have the power to start a chain reaction, changing other habits as they move through an organization. Some habits, in other words, matter more than others in remaking businesses and lives. These are ‘keystone habits’ and they can influence how people work, eat, play, live, spend and communicate. Keystone habits start a process that, over time, transforms everything. Keystone habits say that success doesn’t depend on getting every single thing right, but instead relies on identifying a few key priorities and fashioning them into powerful levers.” - Charles Duhigg
In my 5 years of coaching others to success, I have analyzed what I believe to be some common areas where people tend to get stuck and can easily get back in a rut. These are a few keystone habits that I have personally seen improve our clients' fulfillment and start a chain reaction to lasting change in their entire life. Want to achieve domino effect for your goals? Just start with just ONE THING. STAY focused there and don't allow distraction to keep you from that one thing.
Here are 12 examples that will provide the motion to get you going. Choose One in the Area of Growth You need the Most:
1. Mental - Reading 20 minutes per day - Readers are learners and will put you in a growth mindset. Reading 20 minutes/day will average you out 20, 200 page books per year. Imagine how you can apply that knowledge!
2. Personal Productivity - Making Your Bed - It's a proven fact those who make their bed in the morning are more productive and efficient all day.
3. Health - Exercise - Statistics show when you exercise, your endorphins are increased, thus attitude is positive, energy increases and overall performance is improved
4. Health - Food Journaling - Studies show simply writing down what you eat every day will improve your eating habits.
5. Personal Productivity - Accountability - Gather a partner who will help you stay on track and not just be a "yes" person. We all need someone in our lives who is willing to tell us the truth in love. Accountability alone will more than double your chance for goal achievement.
6. Mental Development- Mental Visualization - Imagine yourself winning every day! Visualizing now will prepare you for roadblocks that are sure to come. Take 10 minutes per day to visualize yourself walking with purpose, prepared for your meetings at hand and ultimately setting world records.
7. Personal/Family Development - The most important meeting of the week- we are all running to meetings with everyone else. The most important meeting you will have all week is a 30 minute to 1 hour check up with yourself or with your home team. Plan your goals, Track your progress and prepare for what's ahead.
8. Financial - Track your spending - don't just set a budget. Track every expense with an app like Mint. Analyze your patterns and then learn to adjust accordingly.
9. Financial - Improve your credit- Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are great tools to use to give you advice on immediate improvement. Once you get intentional, this is a pretty simple area to improve. What once seemed daunting is actually very manageable.
10. Career Development - Use your planner! - So many of us are trying to run their career or business without a written "disciplinarian." Keep track of your activities and your efficiency, productivity and most of all your results will immediately improve.
11. Personal/Career Development - Get us 20 minutes earlier. Start small and work to accomplish 1 new thing in those 20 minutes. That's it. Just little by little.
12. Personal/Career Development - Write 1 Thank You Note, Email or Text per day thanking someone for something small or big they did for you - Gratitude is the healthiest of all emotions. Affirm and notice others daily and you will have more to be grateful for.
These are a few keystone habits that I have personally seen improve our clients' fulfillment and start a chain reaction to lasting change in their entire life. Want to achieve domino effect for your goals? Just start with just ONE THING. STAY focused here and don't allow distraction to keep you from that one thing.
What do you want to commit to? Which keystone habit idea is helpful for you right now? Let me know and I can help you stay on track!!
Our Brand New U Coaches can help you clarify your vision, dream again and hold you accountable to what you really want most out of life.
If you want 2019 to be different, start small. A few minor tweaks will surely yield you great results!
We have about 6 Coaching Slots Available, beginning March - May. If you want to go Next Level in Your business or your career before summer hits, now is the time!
Check us out at www.brandnewucoaching.com, send me a private message or give me a buzz. We'll get you a coach that is the right fit for you and what you want to accomplish, whether it is Business Development, Family Development or Personal Development.
Share this with your friends who you want to see hit their goals!
Thanks to Charles Duhigg for his research on this topic, found in the book, The Power of Habit